Join us for Philosobikes, a monthly event, a meeting of people who like/ enjoy / get excited with the reading of philosophical texts.
The idea is to meet on the second Monday of the month from 19:00 to 22:00 (click on calendar to check on the date of our next meeting).
The meetings will take place at Smerig, a bike workshop project (thus the name of the event!) in the Pijp area of Amsterdam (Van Ostadestraat 233, 1073 TN Amsterdam)
We will bring along our texts and some wine & snacks, and spend the evening reading aloud and talking philosophy.
- Expect a soft night where philosophical ideas are being thrown out in the open, lifted up in the air, being chewed slowly like the smoke of a cigar inside the mouth of a connoisseur.
- Expect aesthetics of the previous century, when intellectuals and artists gathered in small cafe´s in Paris in-between cigarette smoking and wine drinking to talk about ideas, all with the intention to understand the world and to dream of a better one.
- Expect a traveling adventurous atmosphere, the smell of wandering, the feeling of the workshop where the final destination is a constant work in progress
Philosobikes will maintain the character of an event. This means that you don’t have to attend every meeting but you do need to reserve your space for the meeting you are planning to attend (due to limited space /maximum 12 people).
You can reserve your space by contacting me via email, call, or text (click on contact for my email or phone number).
Tea will be provided.
- one or more philosophy texts
- snacks to share
- some wine or beer (especially if you are planning on having some)
Participation is free (no entrance fee).